Fascism: A Warning
- Buy New: $14.77
as of 7/21/2018 02:12 UTC details
- List Price:
- You Save: $13.22 (47%)
- Sales Rank:150
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:First Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.2
- Dimensions (in):8.9 x 6.4 x 1.3
- A personal and urgent examination of Fascism in the twentieth century and how its legacy shapes today's world, written by one of America's most admired public servants, the first woman to serve as U.S. secretary of state
- A Fascist, observes Madeleine Albright, "is someone who claims to speak for a whole nation or group, is utterly unconcerned with the rights of others, and is willing to use violence and whatever other means are necessary to achieve the goals he or she might have."
- The twentieth century was defined by the clash between democracy and Fascism, a struggle that created uncertainty about the survival of human freedom and left millions dead. Given the horrors of that experience, one might expect the world to reject the spiritual successors to Hitler and Mussolini should they arise in our era. In Fascism: A Warning, Madeleine Albright draws on her experiences as a child in war-torn Europe and her distinguished career as a diplomat to question that assumption.